Pre-Owned Holiday Homes at Parkwall Caravans
At Parkwall Caravans, we are only too aware that buying a static caravan and then getting it sited at a suitable caravan park can be a stressful process. That’s why we are here to help you with the whole experience, from choosing the perfect holiday home, to moving in.
Q. I have never purchased a holiday home before, where do I start?
The first step in buying a static caravan is always to visit us here at Parkwall. An informal chat with us can help you identify what you are really looking for and what you can get for your budget. You can collect brochures and information on the static caravans and even take a look at a few on our Showground to gain a better understanding of the sizes, types and options available. You will be under no obligation to buy, don’t worry!
Then, you will need to choose a caravan park and a pitch on the park. We deal with over 150 great parks and our experienced staff will be pleased to help in your search.
The main considerations for caravan parks are:
- Its location – not too far away from home. 3 hours away maximum, as the thought of a long drive may put you off from using it.
- Are you looking for a quiet, get away from it all kind of park or a busy family park with a club house, bar and swimming pool?
- Access to public transport may be important if you or a family member does not own a car..
- Find out what the park provides; What is the season start and end? Are pets allowed? Is there a shop on site? Are there any pubs and restaurants nearby?
- If cost is your main consideration, you may need to look at annual charges, such as ground rent, rates and service charges, e.g. gas, water and electricity. Find out what is included and what isn’t.
- Along with annual charges, all caravan parks have an initial siting and connections charge. This covers the costs of siting and levelling your new holiday home, connecting it to the on site services and preparing the caravan for use. Siting and connection charges can vary greatly and may include extras such as decking & TV aerials. How much will this cost?
Our staff are here to help and advise with all aspects of buying a static caravan, so give us a call today. We look forward to meeting you soon!